Saturday, May 28, 2011

One Portfolio at a time

The end of the year is coming so fast and it feels like I won't get everything done I need to. But, isn't amazing how we work when our backs are against the wall. Well, I know me and it will be all finished soon. Yesterday was a PD day after a morning of paperwork I spent the afternoon prepping artwork to go home next week. I figure since we have Parent/Teacher Conferences what a good time to get all of my students home work and most of all safe! All of their fat artwork is in their portfolios and ceramic work for the younger students is in lunch bags stapled shut with their names on the bag. I will begin delivering all of the artwork to their homerooms on Wednesday and all the teacher has to do is hand it out Wed-Fri. Throughout the late afternoon I kept seeing teachers walk out of the building and I'm thinking "how are they getting all of their work done?" The best part was looking at an accumulation of a years work and how each student has developed. I have to admit at times it brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart to see their successes. Even with their disabilities I ask a lot of my students i.e. focus, attention, follow through and most of all completion of the assignment. At their age moving on to something else is so easy but I won't let them. They are amazing and I love working with them. 


Follow your dreams and do what you love in life and what you have to do and in the end I know you'll make a difference in someones life! And, always allow the creative spirit to run freely through blood!

No comments: