Monday, October 12, 2009

Where does it go!

WOW, how the time flies when your creating. I know I made commitment to myself to keep up with my blog, but.... I know get over it create and keep up. Well, on to current projects: I'm working on a self-portrait at the moment called "Art Map." It representational 18x24 snapshot of what your day or a moment of your day looks like. At first I thought about doing a marker rendering or using colored pencils/oil pastels. But, that just wouldn't be me. Mixed media, YES! So, this piece has digital images, paint, copper foil, 3D matte board, and fibers in it. I hope to have it done either this evening or tomorrow at which time I will post the picture of it. Teaching kids: I never thought working with kids like I do would be bring me so much joy. The idea of teaching them art and how to understand it is amazing. Most recently I even wrote my own curriculum for a class in the Continuing Education program at CCS, very exciting for me. Well, my treadmill is calling and have to put in my morning 5 miler. I don't know about you but I find when I workout it spurs my creative juices and helps to solve problems for my art. Take care God Bless and allow the creative juice to run freely! :)

No comments: