Sunday, November 21, 2010

Finding my way

Keeping up with my blog. Yes, I know I've neglected it for some quite time now but I figure I'm entitled to do this. But, with my recent achievements I've begun to feel it is very important to use this as an outlet to discuss my internal and external creative energy. Being the art teacher at a school where all the students are diagnosed with learning disabilities has posed many challenges for me. Am on task with them? How is the art I am teaching enriching their life's? From writing curriculum for my classroom to staying up on the paperwork I feel like somedays I'm going under. But, I know that is not the case-just feels that way. What I've come to know more than anything about myself as an artist and teacher is I can not forgo my "art!" I have felt lost lately, not creating, feeling stifled and a bit unsatisfied. I know this is not healthy and something I need to correct quickly. So, yesterday after several conversations I am a commitment to be part of an art show at the beginning of the new year. The idea of creating new pieces and showing some of my old ones intrigues me. What a way to start off the new year with new adventures. Well, for know I need to get some Sunday relaxing done and enjoy the day in front of me. Relax often and feel free to allow your creativity out!

No comments: