Saturday, September 5, 2009

Inspiration

Where does inspiration come from for you? I'm currently in the U.P. at my mothers spending some much needed time with her. I look around me at all the beauty the God has given us. No its not a backwoods wilderness place to visit as some might think. But, an over abunance of beauty, right now there are Sand Hill Cranes, a fox and several deer out back in the field. Great Grey Owls down the road. Not to mention a sky so clear at night the stars dot the sky like city lights in an urban environment. Yesterday you would've found me with a knife in hand cutting Birch bark from trees that are getting ready to be milled. It was an old tree and dying. Now it will be beautiful milled lumber for someones house. Rummaging through the wood shed I find Cedar bark for the exterior of another handmade book. Where do you find creativity and how do you recycle it into an item that someone would cherish to have in their possession? Look around you its in everything that touches our lifes from urban to rural settings. What inspires me? Talking to you and expressing myself in everyway I can through the arts! Keep the creativity juices flowing and God Bless!

No comments: